第3章
当然啦,我的吉英 才是这个郡最漂亮的可人儿
Mama, please
妈妈,求求你!
When she was 1 5, a gentleman was so much in love with her,
当她还只有15岁的时候 一位绅士就深深地爱上她了
I was sure he would make her an offer.
我敢肯定他一定对她有企图
However, he did write her some very pretty verses.
无论如何,他是写过不少可爱的诗给她
And that put paid to it.
但就那样结束了
I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.
我想知道是谁发现了 诗还有熄灭爱情的力量
- I thought poetry was the food of love. - Of a fine, stout love.
- 我想诗是爱情之花的露水 - 多美啊,如磐石的爱情
But if it is only a vague inclination, one poor sonnet will kill it.
但是如果只是暧昧的喜好 一首乏味的十四行诗会毁了它
So, what do you recommend to encourage affection
那么,你推荐用什么来鼓励爱情呢?
Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.
跳舞,即使舞伴长得只是可以
[hushed] Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.
彬莱格先生真是位典型的好青年
- Sensible, good-humoured... - Handsome, conveniently rich...
- 有见识,有趣味.. - 英俊,非常富有...
Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.
婚姻不应该被金钱的贪婪驱使
Only deep love will persuade me to marry.
只有真挚的爱情才能让我结婚
- Which is why I'll end up an old maid. - Do you really believe he liked me
- 这就是为什么我终将会成为一位老姑娘 - 你真的认为他喜欢我吗?
He danced with you most of the night, and stared at you the rest.
他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞 即使你在休息时,眼睛也一刻不离开你
I give you leave to like him. You've liked many stupider.
我不反对你喜欢他 不过你以前也喜欢过很多蠢货啊
You're a great deal too apt to like people in general.
你总是太容易发生好感
All the world is good in your eyes.
在你眼睛里看到,天下都是好人 你都看得顺眼
Not his friend. I still can't believe what he said about you.
但不包括达西先生 我到现在都不敢相信他评论的你的那些话
达西先生?
Mr Darcy
I'd more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine.
我会更容易原谅他的空虚 那些不会伤害我
But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.
但是不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会说话了
[Mrs Bennet] He danced with Miss Lucas.
他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了
[Mr Bennet] We were all there, dear.
我们都在那看到了,我的好太太
It is a shame she's not more handsome.
真可惜她不够漂亮
There's a spinster in the making and no mistake.
她是个没有过错的老处女
The fourth with a Miss King of little standing,
第四支舞是和金小姐跳的
and the fifth again with Jane.
第五支又是跟吉英跳得
If he had any compassion, he would've sprained his ankle.
要是他稍许体谅我一点 但愿他跳得脚踝扭了筋
The way you carry on,
你的举止不正常
you'd think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.
你最好先为我们的女儿 找一个有钱的女婿
When you die, which may be very soon,
当你去世时 很可能这个时候马上就来了
they will be left without a roof over their head nor a penny to their name.
否则他们不会给我们留一片瓦 他们会带走他们名下的每个子
- Please, it's ten in the morning. - A letter to Miss Bennet, ma'am.
- 拜托,现在才早上十点 - 给班纳特小姐的信,夫人
From Netherfield Hall.
从尼日斐花园寄出的
- Praise the Lord. We are saved - [laughter]
- 赞美上帝,我们有救了!
[Mrs Bennet] Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day
快,吉英 快,噢,多么愉快的一天啊!
It is from Caroline Bingley.
卡罗琳彬莱格写来的
She has invited me to dine with her.
她邀请我去她家共进晚餐
- 她的哥哥将要出去吃饭 - 出去吃饭?
- Her brother will be dining out. - Dining out
- Can I take the carriage - Let me see.
- 我能用马车吗? - 我想想
- It is too far to walk. - This is unaccountable of him.
- 那太远了走不过去的 - 对他而言这是无法解释的
Mama, the carriage for Jane
妈妈,为吉英准备马车?
Certainly not. She'll go on horseback.
当然不是,她会骑马去
[Lizzie Jane] Horseback
骑马!
[thunder]
Lizzie.
伊丽莎白
Now she'll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.
这样她就能在那留宿了 正如我所预料的
Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking
真不幸,老婆子 你做媒的技巧