第4章
are positively occult.
太不可思议了
Though I don't think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.
尽管我不赞同,妈妈 你怎么能预料到下雨呢
"My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.
“我的朋友们不会听到我回家的消息 直到我好点为止
Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me."
除了喉咙发炎,发烧,头痛 我都挺好的”
If Jane does die it will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.
如果吉英死了的话 这会是对彬格莱先生追求的安慰
People do not die of colds.
人们不会因为感冒而死的
但她会因为有这样的一个母亲 而羞愧而死
[Lizzie] But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.
I must go to Netherfield at once.
我现在必须要去尼日斐花园了
Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.
巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格 重新装修舞厅
A little unpatriotic, don't you think
有点不爱国,你不觉得吗?
Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
伊丽莎白班纳特小姐到
[Caroline] Good Lord, did you walk here
上帝,你走过来的吗?
I did.
是的
- 真抱歉打扰了,我的姐姐呢? - 她在楼上
- I'm so sorry. How is my sister - She's upstairs.
Thank you.
谢谢
[Caroline] My goodness, did you see her hem Six inches deep in mud.
天啦,你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英尺的泥浆
She looked positively mediaeval.
她看上去像从中世纪来的
I feel such a terrible imposition. They're being so kind to me.
我觉得好象可怕的逼迫一样 他们对我都非常好
我不知道哪一个更高兴看到你在这 妈妈?还是彬莱格先生?
I don't know who is more pleased at your being here, Mama or Mr Bingley.
Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.
谢谢你们如此细心的照顾我的姐姐
她在这比在家要舒服多了
She's in far better comfort than at home.
这是件令人愉快的事
It's a pleasure.
I mean, it's not a pleasure that she's ill. Of course not.
我是说,她生病不令人愉快,当然不是
It's a pleasure that she's here, being ill.
令人愉快的是她在这生病了
[Mr Bennet] Not going to be famous, our pig.
不要太出名了,猪
Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.
后背是黑色,但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系
- Now that pig is... - Mr Bennet.
- 现在那猪... - 班纳特老爷
It's all going to plan. He's half in love with her already.
都是按计划进行的 他已经有一半爱上她了
- Who is, blossom - Mr Bingley.
- 谁,布洛申? - 彬莱格先生
He doesn't mind that she hasn't a penny.
他不在乎她身无分文
He has more than enough for the two of them.
他的钱足够他们俩用的了
- How will we meet them - Easy
- 我们怎么能碰见他们? - 容易!
Wait for me
等等我!
[Lydia] You drop something. They pick it up. And then you're introduced.
你掉了东西,他们拾起来 这样你就被认识了
军官!
Officers
[ military march]
[Caroline] You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.
你写信写得这样快,真是少见,达西先生
You're mistaken. I write slowly.
你这话可说得不对,我其实写得相当慢
How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.
你得写多少封信啊,达西先生?
Letters of business. How odious I should think them.
生意上的信 我看这是够厌烦的吧
It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.
这么说,这些信总算幸亏碰到了我 没有碰到你
Tell your sister I long to see her.
告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面
- 我已经遵命告诉过她了 - 我太喜爱她了
- I've already told her once. - I do dote on her.
I was quite in raptures at her beautiful design for a table.
她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案 我真喜欢极了
Perhaps you will give me leave to defer your raptures.
可否请你通融一下,让我把你的喜欢 延迟到下一次写信时再告诉她?
I have not room enough to do them justice.
这一次我可写不下这么多啦
[Bingley] You young ladies are so accomplished.
像你们这样的年轻女士总是多才多艺的
- What do you mean - You paint tables, play the piano
- 你什么意思? - 你们会为桌子作画,会弹琴
and embroider cushions.
还有给垫子刺绣
I never heard of a lady, but people say she's accomplished.
我从没有听说过人们 会形容一位小姐用多才多艺这个词
[Darcy] The word is applied too liberally.